Saturday, August 13, 2011

What the...


Alright. I've been in the promo/liquor/beverage biz for a while now, so I'm always keeping an eye on the newest trends, flavors, packaging, marketing strategies, etc. It is kinda what I spent 4 years studying at SJU, and it really captures my interest. 

I saw this yesterday at the liquor store, and oh yes I went and pulled out my phone.

Neon rubber Henny flasks?!?!

The generations of French producers of this oh-so-exquisite type of brandy will probably faint when they see these. Who needs a snifter when you can take a swig of Henny right from your day-glo orange flask? These would have come in handy at that 80s theme party I attended a few years ago...

Maybe it's me, but I can picture Kanye West on stage with some kind of trench coat and whipping it open, and having about 12 of these lining the inside.
Certain brands have infiltrated the hip hop culture hard.
 It's no accident I constantly hear people asking for Moscato at the liquor store:
"I'm a sip Moscato and you gon' lose them pants"
-No Hands, Wakka Flakka Flame

The same goes for Bacardi, Grand Marnier, and... Hennessy!

So if you're cravin a little cognac after a fine meal, forget the fancy glassware and pulling the bottle from the liquor cabinet. Reach in your pocket, grab your neon Henny flask, and you're good to go.

I don't think I'll be purchasing anytime in the future. Unless, of course, they're glow in the dark. Then I'm buying one of each. Annnnnd walking outside at night to drink it.







No comments: