Sunday, August 28, 2011

Rained Out

Thankfully, most people I know came out of this hurricane unscathed. Not to say there wasn't some hard work being done in basements into the early morning hours, but my sister's house in Philly stayed dry, as well as my parent's house both here and at the beach. From my 8th story perch, the rain was no issue for me. No loss of power either.

Manayunk is a mess, as it always is after a big storm like this. Water is so damaging. I'll be mindful to check the flood zones when I invest some money in a real house someday.

A weekend stuck inside left a lot of time for... internet browsing! My favorite thing. This time I logged a considerable amount of hours on www.tripadvisor.com I love this site and it's been so helpful on many of my trips. I try to give back and provide reviews after I return from my travels to help others out.

You can guess what this means. That vacation I've been debating, mulling over, going back and forth and back again since February? I'm thisclose to making it happen. I'm not going to reveal my proposed destination, but I've worked up an itinerary and set the email alert for the flight fare. The more I read up the more excited I get. After a really busy August at work, this would be the perfect reward for the end of September. Nothing is definite, but we shall see...

No comments: